2015 Call For Nominations
Application Packet | Eligibility | Selection Process | Deadline
The William J. Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation and Achievement (The Gies Awards) are the pre-eminent recognition of exceptional contributions to and support of oral health and dental education. The Gies Awards are an annual program of the ADEAGies Foundation.
Scientist, educator, innovator, visionary,pioneer — William J. Gies, Ph.D., transformed dental education. Now, nearly a century later, the ADEAGies Foundation has launched an awards program that honors the Gies name in what has emerged as the paramount recognition in
your nomination of individuals and organizations exemplifying dedication to the highest standards of vision, innovation and achievement in oral health and dental education, research and leadership. Please review the award categories and definitions carefully and
help us recognize those sustaining the lasting legacy of the Gies name at The Gies Awards celebration, to be held Monday, March 9, 2015, in conjunction with the 2015 American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Annual Session & Exhibition in Boston, MA.
We extend our congratulations and thanks to all who promote vision, innovation and achievement in support of oral health and dental education.
Richard W. Valachovic, D.M.D., M.P.H.
President and CEO
American Dental Education Association
2015 Call for Nominations for the 2015 Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation and Achievement.
All Nomination Packages Must Include
completed entry form
- The award category and classification for which the individual or organization is being nominated. Please choose only one category per nomination.
- The full name of the nominee, including designations.
- Complete contact information for both the nominee and the submitter, including business address, telephone and email address
- A statement regarding the availability of the nominee and the submitter (or their designees) to participate in the presentation of awards on Monday evening, March 9, 2015, in Boston MA.
- An executive summary of no more than two pages outlining the nominee's contributions to and support of oral health and dental education corresponding with the definitions provided for Vision, Innovation or Achievement.
- Only the submitter can provide a letter of nomination. No supporting letters should be included. The letter of nomination should include why you are nominating this person or organization. Please also answer the question (in no more than one page in length): What distinguishes this nominee as a potential Gies Award winner?
- Any supplemental existing material documenting the program or service, including samples, descriptive or planning documents, videos, DVDs, marketing or promotional materials.
Nominations for the 2015 Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation and Achivement is open to all. Self nomination is encouraged.
The esteemed panel of Gies Award judges will consider the nominations received for each of the categories. It also has the discretion to consider nominations of its own.
Selections are made based upon the comparison of data submitted against the description of each award. A nomination can be submitted in only one category.
If, in the ruling of the judges, no nominee meets the eligibility requirements or standards for an award, it may not be given.
Nominees not selected may be resubmitted for consideration in a subsequent year.
Each finalist selected in accordance with these procedures may be asked to provide additional information and must indicate a willingness to accept the award in person at the March 9, 2015, ceremony.
All nominations must be received on or before Monday, October 27, 2014. Late submissions may be considered solely at the discretion of the judges.