When will the Academic Update (AU) open?How do I use the AU feature?
You may update your courses online during the ADEA AADSAS "Academic Update" window. The Academic Update window will open on November 15, following the completion of the Fall 2017 term, and close on February 1, 2018. Arrange for your official Summer 2017 and/or Fall 2017 transcripts to be sent directly to ADEA AADSAS as soon as they are available
To update your courses, follow the steps below in order:
Am I required to use
- Navigate to the Transcript Entry section of your ADEA AADSAS application.
- Click blue EDIT button under the school where you took the newly completed courses.
- Click the blue edit pencil next to the Semester.
- Change the term from "Planned/In-progress" to "Completed."
- You will then be able to add the credits and grades for these courses.
- Save the term and coursework by clicking Save All.
- Return to the Coursework section of the application and complete the Transcript Review.
- Request that your registrar send an updated transcript containing your updated coursework to ADEA AADSAS as soon as possible.
ADEA AADSAS recommends, but does not require, applicants with updated grades to participate in Academic Update. However, the dental schools you apply to may require it. Please check with them directly to determine whether or not you are required to use Academic Update. If you fail to enter your updated courses,
your designated programs may not consider your application or may revoke a previous offer of admission.
Can I update courses that
were already reported as completed?
No, courses that were originally reported as completed cannot be modified.
Do I have to send updated
transcripts to my dental schools?
Depending on each program’s admissions policy, you may be required to send updated transcripts directly to each dental school. You should contact the programs directly to determine if this is necessary.
I add more dental school designations to my application after I submit?
Yes. You may add programs to your ADEA AADSAS application at any time until the end of the application cycle as long as their individual deadlines have not passed. Login to your ADEA AADSAS application, go to the “Dental School Designations” section of your application and select “Update Designations” to add your
additional schools. Please note that you must pay the difference in application fees.