After you have completed and submitted the FAP application, it is your responsibility to mail copies of all required documents (please do not send originals) to FAP within 10 business days. You have only one opportunity to submit all required documents, and all
required documents must be received in one packet at one time. If you submit your documents without the proper documentation, including the coversheet, you will be denied for FAP. For questions, please contact
FAP packet must contain the following:
- FAP coversheet. (If it is absent, your application may be delayed or denied.)
- Copies of 2015 Federal tax returns (including the 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9Sor 1099s) from you, your spouse and your parents/guardians, or a letter of explanation if you are unable to submit all required documents. (Do not send originals.)
- Financial aid award letter.
Required tax returns are based on your dependency status and tax filing status.
- If you were 25 years old before Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself and your spouse, if married.
- If you were or will be 25 years old on or after Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself, your spouse (if applicable) and your parents/guardians, or a letter of explanation if you are unable to submit all required documents.
If you, your parent or spouse didn’t work during the 2015 tax year, and none of the required financial supporting documents (such as 1040 tax returns, W2s or 1099s) are available, you will have to show a source of income. To do so, complete the
Supporting Documents Verification Form or the
Financial Aid Verification Form. More information is provided below.
be advised: As with all aspects of the ADEA AADSAS application, it is expected that applicants for FAP will not misrepresent themselves. Reporting false information or submitting forged documents could result in the cancelation of the ADEA AADSAS application and notification sent to all dental schools. Be sure to
verify that all information and documents provided for the FAP application are valid and accurate.